About Me - My First Blog

    My name is Kelly, I am majoring in Petroleum Engineering at UAF. I am married and have two dogs. My favorite hobby is working out but I also enjoy bike riding and rollerblading. I used to play hockey but have not found the time to get back into it recently. I love geology and math which is why petroleum engineering is the perfect choice for me. I am currently working for an oil company as a drilling engineer producing the Alpine Field on the Alaska North Slope.




    I was in band in middle school and high school and played percussion but mostly snare drum in band and marching band and the drum set in jazz band. I have played the drums in a couple bands and in a couple churches but sadly I do not play much anymore. I also played the viola for a very short stint and would love to switch to the violin and learn to play that instrument. I used to be a fan of heavy/fast rock music but as I have aged, I have become more of a fan of slower music. I prefer to listen to talented singers and well-arranged music.

Here is a sample of music I enjoy listening to. It is somewhat cliche, but I do love her music. 

Comments

  1. Testing... Testing... Is this thing on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played drums too - seems like a lifetime ago. I don't miss hauling them around. Ukulele is so much easier to cart around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like as I get older my taste in music has been changing as well. Especially with what's popular right now is definitely not what it used to be. I was big into classical music and didn't keep up with playing the violin, dabbled with other instruments and realized I'm really good at singing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why it isn't saving my profile name? Anyone have suggestions?

      Delete
  4. I really admire that you can play the drum set. I find it incredible how one could maintain several different rhythms at the same time. I wish I was able to multi-task that efficiently. There are certainly times where even just trying to do two things at once is too difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Role of the Performer: Celine Dion

Continued Explorations: Music and the Fictive Dream - The Sound of Music